The ERA-Net Cofund SUSFOOD2 will fund 12 transnational research projects with a total budget of 11.5 Mio EUR, including Top-Up funding from the European Commission.
From mid 2018 onwards, 73 research teams from 17 countries will start their work for three years to achieve new insights for the field of sustainable food production and consumption in the context of the bio-based economy to tackle 21st century societal challenges. The selected projects are related to three different topics. More info on each project can be found by clicking on the project title.
Topic 1: Innovation in food processing technologies and products
- BIOCARB-4-FOOD - Extraction and characterization of BIOactives and CARBohydrates from seaweeds and seagrasses FOR FOOD-related applications
- InProVe - Innovative Processing of Vegetables and Potato
- FUNBREW - Biotransformation of brewers' spent grain: increased functionality for novel food applications
- MEFPROC - Improving Sustainability in Food Processing using Moderate Electric Fields (MEF) for Process Intensification and Smart Processing
- DISCOVERY - Disaggregation of conventional vegetable press cakes by novel techniques to receive new products and to increase the yield
- ProSeaFood - Innovative processing of seaweed for novel, healthy food products and ingredients
Topic 2: Providing added value, increased resource efficiency and reduction of waste in sustainable food systems
- AVARE - Adding value in resource effective food systems
- SPAREC - Sustainable Processing of Agrofood Residues to Elicitors and Chemicals
- ImPrOVE - Innovative (pre)POmace Valorization process
- SUSPUFA - Sustainable production of health-promoting n-3 LCPUFA using agro food industry by-products through microalgae
Topic 3: Understanding consumer behavior and food choices