The SUSFOOD2 Cofunded call (3rd SUSFOOD call) was launched early 2017 (call documents).
It was a two-step procedure and in total 95 pre-proposals were received via the submission platform for the following topics:
- Innovation in food processing technologies and products
- Added value, increased resource efficiency and reduction of waste in sustainable food systems
- Understanding consumer behavior and food choices
- Harmonisation of the methods and metrics for integrated assessment of sustainability of food products and food patterns
After eligibility check and evaluation by 28 international experts, 30 proposals were invited to the second stage to submit their full-proposal.
After a 2-step procedure, including a peer-review evaluation, the SUSFOOD2 consortium selected 12 projects for funding on 13 December 2017.
The selected projects will run for 3 years from spring 2018 onwards and relate to the following topics:
- Topic 1: Innovation in food processing technologies and products: 6 projects (BIOCARB-4-FOOD, InProVe, FUNBREW, MEFPROC, DISCOVERY, ProSeaFood)
- Topic 2: Providing added value, increased resource efficiency and reduction of waste in sustainable food systems: 4 projects (AVARE, SPAREC, ImPrOVE, SUSPUFA)
- Topic 3: Understanding consumer behavior and food choices: 2 projects (SUSCHOICE, PLATEFORMS